giovedì 18 maggio 2023

Richard Thompson - 1989-05-18 - Grand Rapids, MI (SBD/FLAC)

(Soundboard FLAC)

Club Eastbrook (now called The Orbit Room)

Lineage is unknown.

01. (intro) > Turning Of The Tide
02. When The Spell Is Broken
03. Two Left Feet
04. Waltzing's For Dreamers
05. Push And Shove
06. Banish Misfortune (instrumental)
07. Jerusalem On The Jukebox
08. Don't Roll Those Bloodshot Eyes At Me
09. You Can't Win
10. Valerie
11. Shoot Out The Lights
12. Substitute (The Who)

Total time = 51:12

notes
Richard Thompson was opening for Bonnie Raitt during her tour in the Spring of 1989, which explains his 50 minute appearance here. But I don't see any documentation that Raitt played this Grand Rapids venue as the headliner, though she was in Cleveland on May 16, 1989, and in Cincinnati on May 21, 1989. As good as this recording is of Thompson, it seems odd that there is no recording of Raitt circulating. Certainly there is nothing cited in db.etree and nothing for that date has been uploaded here. Maybe there is something said in the show that I missed. I'd like to say that I was a thoughtful, intelligent teenager then and that I went to the show, but I think Maria and I were saving our pennies hoping that Madonna would play somewhere near us in 1990. Auburn Hills!!

The show is described as - and it sounds like it very well good be - a soundboard recording. The equipment used is unknown. Maria got this in a CD trade from her UK contact and extracted the show to a hard drive in 2011 using EAC. I checked the WAV files for SBEs, converted it to FLAC (level 8), generated a .ffp file, and created the torrent. Nothing else was altered. I do not see that it has ever appeared here on DIME. I found none of the tracks here listed and used on "RT - The Life and Music of Richard Thompson."

1 commento: